Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The three things in history that has impacted our lives.

History has an impact mankind right from the moment of its birth. Since then it has altered our lives as a whole and is a major contributor to mankind's evolution. Similarly there have often been instances where my opinion about history has been turned over.
a very striking example that shook my opinions of the NASA completely was that of the 'moon landing conspiracy'. Before this conspiracy I was very impressed by the NASA as it was a well-known organization that discovers and creates. Well it sure did seem to 'create'. It used to stand up to me like an institute that was filled with mysteries waiting to be resolved. A body, that was in contact with the world above earth, into the stars, the different moons and planets,etc. However my idea of this is shaken. I could not believe the different conspiracies I read of in the newspapers and on T.V. of how the landing on the moon was a bluff as it was supposedly filmed and no one in reality landed on the moon. It was just breath-taking and made me perceive for the moment that nothing in this world of lies can be trusted upon.
Another example is when I studied about a particular concept called 'Gross National Happiness' in economics. So far I had studies about gross domestic and national income of an economy it was very amusing to learn that in Bhutan the King, instead of looking more at the economical prosperity in his kingdom considers emotions of his people far greater of importance,;hence in Bhutan they try to calculate the rate of happiness among the locals of the kingdom. It interested me that there were such interesting facts of economics i had not known about in the fourth year of my studying in Economics.
A third example of an impact on me was in terms of theater. The theater of the Absurd was an unknown theater art form to me until I had joined the IB course. The fact that this theater was also called Nonsensical Theater amazed me and got me thinking. It was only after a play I witnessed, 'Waiting For Godot', that I realized the essence of this theater type. It had no start, no plot and no end. One could derive his\her own message from this play based on his own reasoning. I tried to derive something but landed up with nothing to understand. this theater form had left me amidst confusion but interest of knowing what it really means and what is its relevance.

No comments:

Post a Comment